Wednesday 17 August 2011

What's the rage about Gundam AGE?


Ssup. I'm sure most of the gundam fans have heard about this new title that is set to be aired in October. Somehow I see most of the fans already rage about this series eventhough it hasn't been aired yet. Even the promotion video gets more dislikes than likes.


Many of them complained that the art is not gundam-like, maybe because the main character here doesn't look as 'bishie' as Kira Yamato or even Setsuna F. 'Say Yay'. But for me, these kind of characters remind me of super robot shows. Yes, most of super robot shows used kids character, be it as main or as supportive character. So it makes me wonder, will they make this as a super robot show as they did with G Gundam? Though I immediately doubt it after looking at the trailer. Heck, I was even expecting the gundams from Gundam 00 to be 'gattai-ing' with each other because of Tieria's gundam got a huge face thingy on its back. But damn, that didnt happen but it's okay.

Anyway, somehow this Gundam AGE gundam looks VERY similar to the RX-78-2 or better known as the White Gundam. Well RX-78-2 is kinda the template for all main gundam but most of them doesn't really looked that similar. Even the beam rifle is quite the same. Yeah it looks pretty classic but somehow it bothers me a little. Unless it's a homage for the UC's gundam but Gundam AGE is in the A.G century.

Not much have been heard about this new series except for a lot of bashing. I think it's better to give this show a chance first before we start commenting. Sure it may look kiddy to some, but a lot of kiddy shows are quite hot blooded IMHO. So let's just sit back and wait for the release of this new gundam series.

Till then~

No comments:

Post a Comment